Thursday, August 17, 2006

That's Mr. Baron to you.


So today while watching Jeopardy! reruns during lunch there included a category concerning Barons. As a result of our viewing, my wife and decided we wanted to become a baron/baroness. Though we really don't know how people become barons or really care (for a brief rundown, check out the always reliable and trustworthy wikipedia article here), we just thought it would be fun to correct people when they address us as Mr. and Mrs. "I'm sorry, but we prefer the formal and more correct Baron and Baroness when introducing us." Or, "That's Baron Methodist, not Mr. Methodist." I'd also like to throw in a "van" or "von" preceding our last name for effect.

3 comments:

Meddling Methodist said...

I think I would prefer Right Rev. Baron

wilco1014 said...

I would prefer the Very Right (Always Right) Rev. Baroness von Matlock-Methodist.

Elizabeth said...

yes, leighann, you would need a nametag but don't let that deter you from holding people to calling you that. so are you two giving up "prothro"?

the idea of "baronness" is quite fetching but it's a little too close to barren for me. i like countess, i think. or maybe just something as simple as "lady".