Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The End is Near...Oct. 2 to be precise!!!

Under normal circumstances I would simply laugh and scoff at those who proclaim that we are now living in the End Times. As a professing Christian I feel I do have an eschatological worldview (that's a big word we learn in seminary having to do with, of course, the End Times) but am very dismissive of those preachers who scour the scriptures and examine current world events for clues to the impending Apocalypse and the Return of Christ. Until now. My reasons? Could it be the worsening conflict between Israel and Lebanon? The disaster that is Iraq? The growing Iranian tensions? The dynamic geo-political relations in all of Asia, with the potent threat of nuclear annhilation coming from China, India, Pakistan, or North Korea? While those provide interesting fodder for the Left Behind folk, my real reasoning for my new-found belief in our living on the cusp of Revelation is the Rolling Stones are coming to Wichita! What further proof do I (and you) need?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

oh wow! this is how we can win over the red states, maybe. send in mick. maybe it's not ideal...and maybe it doesn't matter how kansas votes anymore (eeek) because the end of the world is coming, and we might not have to wait for global warming for that end. cheers!

Neil said...

I'm right with you on the eschatology. The "rapture watch" and "pin the tail on the anti-Christ" types make Christians look a little foolish.